It's a new year, which means it's time to set our 2018 resolutions. Each year, many of us fail to set a goal or complete it whether it be weight loss, learning something new or even taking on a new hobby. It can be difficult to achieve these goals as we get distracted with our day to day lives.
This year, we'd like you to think hard about what you want to achieve and why. Sit down and think about your lifestyle and how you can be a better, healthier you. Since a majority of people fail with their New Year's Resolution, we decided to help by creating a list of goals that you can set.
Eat Healthy, Lose Weight.
Make sure that you are setting realistic goals when it comes to your health. Studies show that 73% of people who set fitness goals as a New Year’s Resolution end up giving them up. The reason most people fail these goals? They are setting themselves up for failure by making a goal outside of their limits. Make sure you're setting something that is realistic. For most people, losing 5 to 10 percent of their body weight is realistic. Make sure that you are setting SMART goals that meet the following criteria:
- Specific: Be specific on what you want to achieve. If you want to lose weight, set benchmarks on how much you want to lose by when. Then, write down how you are going to meet that goal. Are you going to exercise more? If so, write down that you will exercise for 30 minutes each day.
- Measurable: Set a goal that is measurable. If your goal is to lose weight while working out, you must also take into account the muscle you are gaining as muscle weighs more than fat. However, a goal like eating a certain amount of carbs or calories a day, is measurable.
- Attainable: Make sure you have enough time to complete this goal. If you're wanting to lose 15 pounds in two weeks, that probably isn't possible and it is not healthy.
- Realistic: Don't set a goal that is impossible for you to reach. It will just discourage you and make you more likely to fail.
- Trackable: If your goal is to lose 15 pounds, set benchmarks for yourself so you can celebrate another five pounds lost.
Working on being a Healthier You? Our products at pHion Balance can help. For example, our Master Cleanse Lemonade Diet has been around for years and can curb your appetite and reduce bloating.
Reduce Stress, Be More Happy.
Reducing stress can help lead you to a happier and healthier you. About 75% of Americans reported experiencing moderate to high levels of stress in the past month. Too much stress can cause an increase in anxiety, headaches, rapid heart rate, poor judgement, and nausea.
To reduce stress in 2018, try mediating weekly, practicing yoga frequently, or even exercising often. There are different techniques to reducing stress. Find yours in 2018 so you can live happier and healthier.
Pick up a new hobby in 2018 like volunteering. About 63.4 million people recognized the importance of volunteering and volunteered at least once within the year. Volunteering can help improve your health and well-being and help the people around you whether your spending your time at the local animal shelter or even working at a soup kitchen and homeless shelter.
No matter what your goal may be, remember that you are setting this goal for you. Only change your lifestyle if it's what you want to do and if it'll help make your life better. 2018 is a new year for all of us and also a new start, it's a year of new possibilities and improvements to better your health and well-being.